November 4th, 2015
WHAT: The University of Missouri Department of Personal Financial Planning in the College of Human Environmental Sciences will host a symposium, “Human Capital Building Financial Capital.” The symposium will feature speakers from the state and federal governments as well as financial planning experts from around the Midwest. The symposium will focus on the need to value the human element when evaluating financial planning.
WHO: Financial experts from around the region including:
- Clint Zweifel, Missouri State Treasurer
- William Emmons, assistant vice president and economist, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, Missouri
- William Elliott III, director of the Center of Assets, Education, & Inclusion at the University of Kansas
- David Blanchett, head of retirement research, Morningstar Investment Management in Chicago, Illinois
- David Oransky, financial planner and investment advisory, Laminar Wealth in Chesterfield, Missouri
- Robert Weagley, chair of the MU Department of Personal Financial Planning
& WHERE: 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 4
Reynolds Alumni Center, MU Campus
NOTE: All media wishing to attend the symposium must contact Nathan Hurst (firstname.lastname@example.org, 573-882-6217) by 9 a.m. on Nov. 4.
This event is open to the public, but registration is required.