February 3rd, 2015
By Fran Webber
WHAT: A forum sponsored by the University of Missouri School of Journalism, Reynolds Journalism Institute and the Global Journalism Program will examine issues of free, distasteful and hate speech related to the recent terrorist attack on the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. Multiple speakers will address legal, ethical and religious aspects of the issue. The event is free and open to the public.
- Sandra Davidson, professor in the MU School of Journalism and adjunct professor in the School of Law at MU
- Khalil Bendib, political cartoonist and author
- Aiden White, director of the Ethical Journalism Network
- Gareth Harding, director of the MU School of Journalism Brussels Program
- MU faculty and students in Paris the day of the attack
WHEN: Tuesday Feb. 3, 2015 from 4-6:30 p.m.
WHERE: Fisher Auditorium, Gannett Hall