April 25th, 2017
WHAT: The 2017 Excellence in Education awards ceremony and reception will honor nominees and recipients of Excellence in Education Award, and the MU Faculty Achievement Award in Diversity.
Excellence in Education Awards recognize MU educators who contribute to student learning and personal development through out-of-the classroom experiences. A critical component of student learning and success is quality interaction by students with faculty and staff. The Division of Student Affairs developed this award to publicly acknowledge the efforts of MU educators who support and value co-curricular learning.
MU Faculty Achievement Awards in Diversity are endowed awards given annually by the Office of Student Affairs to faculty members whose work elevates diversity and inclusion on the MU campus. A selection committee consisting of student leaders from Four Front, LBC and other campus organizations were invited to determine the 2017 Mizzou Award recipients.
WHO: This year’s recipients of the Excellence in Education Award are:
- Laura Anderson, senior academic advisor, Sinclair School of Nursing
- Lisa Bauer, assistant teaching professor, psychological sciences, College of Arts and Science
- Trent Guess, associate professor, physical therapy, School of Health Professions
- Suchi Guha, professor, physics and astronomy, College of Arts and Science
- Amy Lannin, assistant professor and director of the Campus Writing Program
- Michael Marlo, associate professor, English, College of Arts and Science
- Carol Martin, coordinator of student services, biological sciences, College of Arts and Science
- Stephanie Shonekan, associate professor of music and chair of the Department of Black Studies, College of Arts and Science
- Amy Simons, associate professor, convergence journalism, School of Journalism
- Angie Zapata, assistant professor, learning, teaching and curriculum, College of Education
This year’s recipients of the MU Faculty Achievement Award in Diversity are:
- Stephen Graves, postdoctoral fellow, black studies and political science, College of Arts and Science
- Kristen Morris, assistant professor, textile and apparel management, College of Human Environmental Sciences
- James A. van Dyke, associate professor, art history and archaeology, College of Arts and Science
WHEN: 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 25
WHERE: Reynolds Alumni Center, MU Campus