October 26th, 2015
By RoseAnn Sorce
See bios and full schedule: http://bit.ly/1I1q3K1
WHAT: Seven individuals and two media organizations will receive the prestigious Missouri Honor Medal for Distinguished Service in Journalism during a banquet on Monday, Oct. 26, on the University of Missouri campus. The medal recipients also will give master classes to MU School of Journalism students and the MU community on Oct. 26.
Since 1930, The University of Missouri School of Journalism has awarded the Missouri Honor Medal for Distinguished Service in Journalism annually to outstanding journalists, advertising and public relations practitioners, business people, institutions and media organizations from around the world. Medalists are selected by the faculty of the MU School of Journalism on the basis of lifetime and/or superior achievement in journalism.
WHO: Those to be honored are:
- Barbara Ehrenreich, author and activist
- Bill Plante, senior White House correspondent, CBS News
- CNN Digital, one of the world’s leading digital news brands
- Gerd Ludwig, photojournalist and documentary photographer
- Lincoln Stephens, co-founder, The Marcus Graham Project
- Merrill Perlman, copy editor
- Rea Hederman, publisher, The New York Review of Books
- Sports Journalism Institute, training-internship program
- Yoani Sánchez, Cuban blogger, journalist and entrepreneur
WHEN: All medalists will hold master classes from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 26
WHERE: MU campus
NOTE: Master classes are open to MU School of Journalism students and the Mizzou community.
For a full master class schedule, visit: http://journalism.missouri.edu/2015/06/9-to-receive-the-missouri-honor-medal-for-distinguished-service-in-journalism/